Tue, Nov 01|
Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation Course
This 6-week course ushers students through the basic, skill-building foundations of cultivating a mindfulness meditation practice with a trauma-sensitive / anti-oppressive approach.
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2022, 5:30 PM CDT – Dec 06, 2022, 6:45 PM CST
St. Louis, 7602 Big Bend Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63119, USA
About the event
6-Week "Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation" Course
Nov 1 - Dec 6
At Empowered Spaces
Mindfulness is a tool, technique and a skill to cultivate compassionate awareness and attention with ourselves and thus, our world. While we cannot always control the life that unfolds around and through us, we can learn to attend to our direct experience in a skillful way that invites nurturance, increased access to agency, and a more resonant relationship with our body. This 6-week, “Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation” course ushers students through the basic, skill-building foundations of Insight meditation practice through a trauma-sensitive / anti-oppressive lens.
Each class session lasts 75 minutes and includes lecture, guided meditation, question & answer period, and a take-away prompts to continue cultivating a supportive home-practice. This course will be held hybrid live + virtual (over Google Meet) and no meditation experience is necessary. Course registration includes access to “Orbital,” a private, community engagement forum to support cultivation of mindfulness & wellBEing practices. Access to Orbital includes: a mindfulness & mental health resource list, a short video series to help students prepare & build consistency, how to find the right posture & practice variations to support their body, a glossary of common terms, weekly practice prompts and more. Upon registration, students will receive an intake form and waiver to fill out for participation.
Masks are required when community transmission levels are medium and high, and optional but strongly recommended when levels are low (current level: medium).
The Empowered Spaces yoga studio is located on the ground floor. There is a 10-car parking lot adjacent to the studio & additional free parking on neighborhood streets. Restroom is wheelchair-accessible and ramp-accessible in the main building. Please reach out to Kelly email@example.com if there is anything more we can do to make our offerings more accessible. Empowered Spaces is committed to accessibility, and strives to be accessible and inclusive of all abilities and all individuals.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before the session begins
- Please observe silence upon arrival before practice, during class and after
- Yoga mats, cushions and chairs provided
- Please reserve questions for the Q&A discussion period at the end of each class
- Please observe a scent-free, accessible environment
- Please reference community discussion agreements here
- Virtual access to this event coming soon
Deanna Sophia Danger and Empowered Spaces value community care. Given the systemic injustice in this world which affects each of us differently, our equity pricing scale acknowledges that the ability to pay for and access services, varies. We offer a self-determined sliding scale based on the ways your identity grants you access to privilege and resources.
- Sustainer Rate - "I can pay my way" - $60
- Supporter Rate - "I can help support my community" - $90
- Community Rate - "I can use support from my community" - $30
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for full scholarship opportunity.
Registration is non-refundable, transferable credit for up to 365 days from date of cancellation.
Join mailing list for future class dates.
- Choose the registration tier below (expand for full info)
- Click "CHECK OUT" below
- Complete the payment details
- Your purchase confirmation email with have a link for the intake form to fill out for final confirmation
- You will receive a follow up email with course resources.
Visit deannadanger.com/mindfulness to learn more about my praxis, training, mission, vision & values.
RegistrationFrom $30.00 to $90.00